Visit > Tudor Barn
The Tudor barn at Well Hall Pleasaunce is the last-remaining building of its kind in London.
It’s believed to have been built sometime around 1525, despite a stone plaque on the north façade claiming a later date of 1568. The handsome, red-brick barn appears to be moated but the water actually surrounded the ancient house of Well Hall next door, reached by a grand, stone bridge that still stands. Well Hall was demolished in 1733, replaced by a mansion which is also now lost, but between 1899 and 1922 was the home of author Edith Nesbit.