Visit > Woolwich History WalksHighlights > Main Guardhouse

Main Guardhouse

The main guardhouse was built in 1788 and was occupied by various police forces until 1896-7 when the building was converted for record storage, office use and eventually a public house

Nike

Nike by Pavios Angelos Kougioumtzis stands outside the building now – a gift from the people of Ancient Olympia to the people of London to commemorate the 2012 Olympic Games.