Visit > Woolwich History WalksHighlights > The Royal Garrison Church of St George

The Royal Garrison Church of St George

The Royal Garrison Church of St George, a former Italianate church, was built in 1863 by Thomas Henry Wyatt

The church houses valuable mosaics, one of which commemorates members of the Royal Artillery awarded the Victoria Cross. Much conservation work is taking place since bomb damage in 1944 left this Grade II Listed building at risk.