Visit > Woolwich History WalksHighlights > Verbruggen's House

Verbruggen’s House

This house was built in 1772-3 at government expense for the Verburggen’s, the new Dutch masters of the Foundry

The Verbruggen's were responsible for improving the Foundry, increasing quality and advancing the technology of British cannon manufacture by introducing horizontal cannon boring machines that were already being used in Continental Europe.